Instagram Algorithm AndInstagram Follower
Social media has completely changed the way we interact with family, friends, and strangers. It has become a very important part of our life, and we can’t go an hour without checking it out. Social media has also influenced the way we share our personal and professional life with others.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is the most popular social media platform. Approximately 1 billion active users monthly share the content on it. It is more loved and used as compared to its counterpart Facebook. Instagram offers about 23% higher engagement than Facebook.
Instagram is social media platform where you can interact visually with your Instagram followers and friends. You can share your content in the format of photographs and videos. Moreover, they offer different features such as stickers, filters, and music that can turn your amateur photographs and videos into something stunning in a jiffy.
Although Instagram is easy, user friendly, there are some of us, who may face few challenges while navigating through it. Whether you are an individual, model, influencer, brand, or business, as a newbie, you may take some time to understand how it works, how you can have high engagement, and how can you earn more Instagram followers. However, you don’t need to worry about anything as we are here to guide you through it.
How does Instagram work?
The first query that most Instagram users have is that how it works; how can Instagram followers, posts, ranks and affect the popularity of an account. Like many social media networks, Instagram works on an algorithm. The Instagram algorithm constantly changes, which makes it tough to understand for marketers. Instagram had held a press conference once to reveal the factors that they count for Instagram feed organizing. These are mentioned below
1) Interest- What are the odds that the Instagram followers would like to view the posts falls under the ‘Interest’ metric. As per the new algorithm, they will give priorities to the content that they think will interest their Instagram followers over others. The next question that arises is that how does Instagram know that what its users like. They simply keep a tab and observe the kind of post you follow and like. As a result, they show you similar posts with the same hashtags. If you want to rank higher in the Instagram algorithm, understand what your targeted audiences would search for and create similar content.
2) IG Timeliness- The next important factor that will decide your rank in the Instagram algorithm is the time in which the content is posted on this social media network. Instagram aims to offer its Instagram followers the most relevant and newest content. For example, Instagram followers when logged in at 7:00 PM has a high probability to see the content that was posted at 6:50 PM, over that was posted at 2:00 PM. This signifies that content that was posted on Instagram recently will reflect on your feed before the post that has higher interactions and engagement. So, as a brand, artist, or influencer, you need to analyze when your targeted audience or Instagram followers will be online on the platform so that you can post the content at the best time. To know this detail, you can simply click on the Instagram Insight of your business page. You can also learn about other details, like their age and location.
3) Relationships- The third and next important metric in the algorithm of Instagram is relationships. As per this algorithm, irrespective of the number of accounts an Instagram follower is following, he would see the post of his family and friends first. They want you to come across the post of the people you care about. So, you should start creating a relationship with your Instagram followers. You can do the same, by liking and commenting on their photos, videos, and reels. Responds to questions and DM (direct message). Show up in the appropriate searches by using the correct hashtags.
Other factors that can influence Instagram’s algorithm are following, usage, frequency, and many more.
Other factors in Instagram’s Algorithm
As explained above, apart from three important factors of the Instagram algorithm, namely, Relationships, Timeliness, and Interest; frequency, usage, and following also play an important role in ranking your account or posts. Let’s also understand each of them:
1) Frequency: How often do Instagram followers browse through the app, also influences the post they will see. If you open the Instagram app only once a day, then its algorithm will show you only the best content. However, if you continuously browse through it, it will keep showing you content that you have not viewed before.
2) Usage- The Instagram usage of Instagram followers will also affect the information and content he is fed by this social media network. Whether you browse through the app once in a blue moon, or just for your usage or you are continuously on it, will also influence the content that will reflect on your feed.
3) Following- When you are following numerous Instagram account, then the algorithm has a lot of content to sort from and show you. This signifies that the account that follows many accounts is less likely to see content from the individual Instagram account.
Whether you are an individual, artist, content creator, brand, influencer, or business, Instagram is the most beneficial social media network for you. It has also become a booming platform for online business. Whether Instagram would be advantageous for you or not will depend a lot on your understanding of the Instagram algorithm and how well you can work with them. However, understanding and working with the Instagram algorithm is not everyone’s cup of tea. To make your work easier, you can become a member of Nitro. You can not only Instagram followers with it but also can sit back and relax while they work as per the Instagram algorithm to make your Instagram account grow. The efficient team of Nitro knows how Instagram works and will offer you the best services.